Friday, January 29, 2010

January's happenings!

So Jack turned 4 on the 16th, and celebrated with a Pirate party. Pete left for the Dominican Republic on the 15th and my mom came on the 14th, so we went to pizza at Deweys that night and opened presents before Pete left the next day. I cant find Jack pictures of that night but he got lots of goods, including nerf guns, camera, a game, a Leapster, Pete made him a book shelf, and other great stuff!! Then on his birthday my mom took him shopping and got him a couple games for the Leapster (from g and g Mecham). Pete was gone for 10 days and it was so great to have my mom here to keep me company. We had a blast! Then she stayed for a whole extra week and just left today. Its so hard when she leaves but she gets to come pretty often which is SO SO great!! Here is the Pirate party... it was pretty much chaos, but Jack loved it so that's what matters most! My mom went a little/a lot overboard to make it a great party, thanks so much mom I know Jack LOVED it!! So he had the party on the 23rd. We tried to play games but none of them worked so went to presents and then cake. Then they broke the pinata which was a hit!! I only put a few pictures up cause there were a lot and I'm tired of waiting to download. After that they went on a treasure hunt to find a chest full of loot bags. Then it was time to go! We were pooped!! I'm probably going to be like my mom was with us and just do parties every 4 years cause its a lot of work and can we just say how spoiled Jack was!! He doesn't need that every year... right?!!
Oh and they were supposed to come dressed like a pirate, so they were super cute!!
The pinata fell on the floor so a few took hits to it on the ground, love this one of Jack Heaton. He really got into it. Then we were able to get it hung back up for a few more hits. I finally broke it and the kids dove for the goods.





What a cute pirate!! His friend Finn was talking to me while I was putting a tattoo on Jack and Finn asked where Jack was. He totally didn't recognize Jack with the hat and wig. So cute!

Cute Pirate cake, but during the night it split right down the middle, oh well!

We also took cupcakes (muffcakes is what Jack calls them) into his preschool class. He loved that!
Oh my sweet Max! Cant believe he is 11 months. WOW is all I can say. He is amazing, so sweet and so stinkin cute! His hair is growing (kinda a mullet) and red red red, I LOVE IT!! He sleep like a dream and is almost always happy!! He was great with my mom, it took a couple days to really warm up to her. He is pretty much a daddy's boy. If Pete is around he wants to be with him, kinda sounds like Jack... where's my mama's boys? Oh Pete loves it!! Big news for Max... he broke is first two teeth on the 27th. The only day he was grouchy and I thought maybe he is finally teething and my mom stuck her finger in his mouth and was like " He's got two teeth!" Funny huh! At least he broke them both at the same time, he's a late bloomer with the teeth but that's okay I love that gummy smile!


My mom seeing if it was a good time for a photo shoot, and obviously Jack had other plans. We didn't get very many great ones but that's okay I'm just glad we got what we did. She bought them matching red sweaters and they look so cute in them even with Max's red hair. I was skeptical about the red but thinks its pretty cute.





I wanted to show that Max's hair can be curly, but really just when its wet. He LOVES his bath... of course most kids do. Here's some of the funny faces of Max.




Oh Jack got these super cute jammies from grandma for his birthday too.
Some sweet ones with gram.


Some crazy hair he has!! I probably should put my haircutting skills to work on him, but I cant bring myself to cut it! I know when I do I'll wonder why I didn't do it sooner, but until then I'll just love the craziness!

12 comments:

Jed & Tricia said...

We are SO much alike!!! Porter has RED hair too.... HOW FUNNY! And I can't bring myself to cut it either... us cosmo girls, we are SO the SAmE!! THat's so good your mom gets to come and spend time with you! Did you Make the CAke? YOU are AMAzInG! So Incredible!!! Loved all the picts!

Hurst Family said...

Your kids are too cute! Max's little grin cracks me up....he's just so squeezable. I'm glad that your mom was here for a while, it makes things all better when family is around. Jacks B-day was such a great idea! You are so creative.

Justin and Stacey said...

Can't get enough pictures of that cute little MAX!! He is a doll. And the birthday party looks like a hit! Jack had so much fun. I love that picture of him beating the pinata. Classic. Glad you got to have your mom here. Now that she's gone, maybe I will get to see you again! :) hehe.

Justin and Stacey said...

Okay, I keep looking at all the funny faces on the kids hitting the pinata!! So funny!! I love little kids. :)

Bert and Tiffany said...

Max is getting sooo big, and I love Jacks faces! We miss you guys! Hope we get to see you soon.

alisekelley said...

Wow your kids are growing up! How fun for you to have your mom!

Jen B. said...

What a good month for you and looks like everybody had fun. Love the bath pictures too cute.

Peterson Family said...

Oh so fun! Your boys are super cute! Looks like Jack had a very fun party! Good job to you! I can't believe how big they are getting! Why did Pete go to the Dominican Republic? Something for dental school? Anyway, fun that your mom could come! I'm sure it's always so nice to see family!

Searle said...

What cute boys you have!! Ledger just turned one..so sad. He just barely broke his first tooth too..I'm glad my kids aren't the only late bloomers;)Miss ya.

derrickandlisadye said...

Oh I love all the pictures! I love max's hair and his little smile. So chubbalicious. I can't wait to see that little guy in person now that he is bigger. Love all the birthday party stuff. Wow! Cute pirate ship cake. Oh I miss you guys. Can't wait to see you! Love you tons!

Mary said...

Love the blog page & header picture. So cute! You always throw together great get-togethers, what a fun party! Your boys are adorable.

Britt n Bran Arnow said...

happy late birthday to Jack! Looks like the party was so much fun! Shealee was looking at the pictures and was wondering why she was not invited :). Your boys are so cute and I LOVE the cute Max smile! Miss you guys!