Saturday, March 27, 2010

Prayers

We've been working on prayers with Jack. He likes to say them but usually its a quick " thank you for everybody and everything and please bless everybody and everything" you get the picture right? So we've been asking him to try to think of things he is thankful for and name them in specific. The other night he was saying his prayers before bed and this was it...
"Dear Heavenly Father thank you for mom, Max and me. I'm thankful for our house and all the stuff in our house, but if we didn't have a house we wouldn't have anything to be thankful for. Thank you for the bushes to hide in. Thank you for mom, Max, me and dad. In the name of Jesus Christ amen."
It was hard not to laugh right in the middle and I came right down to tell Pete. He's really been getting creative in what he is thankful for. He use to just say please bless everything so we've worked on saying thank you for and now he never asks for blessing. Anyway I thought it was pretty funny and wanted to record it before I forget.
As far as Max goes he's doing great and super close to walking. He is so happy and unless he is tired or hungry he pretty much just does his own thing and is really happy. He can climb up the stairs and go down them by himself and is usually laughing the whole time. He gets into everything and somehow it doesn't bother me... for now anyway. He is still my little ray of Sunshine here in cloudy Cleveland.

5 comments:

Peterson Family said...

So cute! Don't you love what little minds come up with sometimes!

grammie kim said...

thats so funny. And with you britt I am surprised you didn't laugh. love those sweet innocent prayers.

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh man, that is so cute!! Glad you wrote it down!! It will be fun to look back on that and chuckle. What a cutie pie!

Kat said...

That was awesome! What a funny kid. I can't believe Max is doing stairs that well. Jake can go up but has no clue how to get down.

alisekelley said...

I love it when little kids say prayers! How cute!