Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day to our Favorite Moms!!


I think most people would agree with me that some of the best quality time spent with family is one-on-one. Although the family trips are very enjoyable I seem not to be able to recall details of many of those family vacations; I do however remember spending good quality time, one-on-one, with both my mom and dad. Seeming how it is mother’s day I wanted to share one such experience I had with my mom. Anyone who knows my mom knows that she is pretty amazing and her grandchildren already recognize this quality in her. Well when I was in about the fourth or fifth grade I had a pretty big crush on the gymnast Dominique Mociano (?). I was glued to the television those Olympics and I’m pretty sure my parents knew I was a bit infatuated with this particular gymnast. After the Olympics were over I found out the men’s and woman’s Olympic gymnastics teams were going on tour and performing exhibitions in some different cities. One of these cities was Spokane, Washington which we frequently visited when us kids were younger for my dad’s work meetings. Well somehow I asked my mom if she and I could go and watch with hopes that I could meet Dominique. I had been saving my quarters and putting them in one of those candy cane things they have during Christmas time, the ones filled with m&m’s and has the red top. So I made a deal with my mom, I would give her all the change in that candy cane if she would take me to the exhibition. I thought it was a pretty good deal; there was at least $50 in the candy cane and Spokane was only about 3 hours away so it probably would cover gas and the hotel room. To my surprise she said yes. So we ordered the tickets and made the trip. It was one of the most enjoyable times as a young son that I had with my mom. We were able to spend 6 hours in the car talking, although I probably slept for some of it, and having a good time. We had a lot of fun trying to get autographs and enjoying the performance. But now what I remember most, especially looking back on the experience, is the great love my mom has for me, and how she is willing to sacrifice time and money for me so we could grow closer as mother and son. I have no excuses on not knowing how to be a good parent because my parents set such a wonderful example. My mom’s love for me has only continued to grow over the years. The day she found out I was going to have surgery on my knee she had her plane ticket by the next day. So she has been taking care of me with my beautiful wife for the last few days. Mom I love you. Happy Mother’s Day.
I also want to wish my beautiful bride a Happy Mother’s Day! I must have the most patient wife to put up with Jack and I, we can both be pretty grouchy some days. It means the world to me that I have a wife who is so whiling to sacrifice her time and energy for me while I am in school and having to study. She makes it so much easier for me to concentrate and do well in school. Since we’ve been married I have pretty much always been in school, so she has always had to sacrifice the things she as wanted to do for me. For those of you who don’t know my wife is a woman of many talents. While I was on my mission she graduated from cosmetology school and does an amazing job cutting and coloring hair and all that fun stuff, and then about six months ago she graduated from a foot zonology course where she learned to balance the body through “zoning” the feet. She also learned how to do a face zone, which is my new favorite. It’s better than an hour long massage, no joke. It’s a small slice of heaven, just ask Sara Schuller, she told me she felt like she was in another world it felt so good. So Britt I love you and Happy Mother’s Day.


Happy Mothers Day Mom, I just wanted to express how wonderful and AMAZING you are!! MOM you are the best! Thank you for all you have done for me all my life!! First thanks for grounding me everyday of my life from day one to thirteen years old!! It really gave us time to bond and become the best of friends! I'm sure you think you may have been to hard on me and my strong personality but if you hadn't we might not be as close as we are!! A few of my favorite memories of you and I together are all the long talks you, Lisa and I would have on your bed about ten or eleven at night (sorry dad, I know you were always waiting for us to leave so you could get some rest, but thanks for letting us, because now you see how close all of us girls are!) Thanks mom for my wedding and trying to get it exactly perfect for me (which is was!) I love living with you and dad even after I was married, and had Jackson! I know it was crazy for you, but I loved the time we spent together and your help with Jack, I'm not sure I could have done it without your help!! It was great to have you as my teacher for the foot zonology class and it was so fun to spend time with you at my graduation at Katri's!! My last favorite memory is of you coming out here to see me! I had so much fun, you taught me some new healthy recipes, well and lots of thing along with talking and listening to me! I am so grateful for the time we were able to spend together and I always love to be with you!! Thanks so much for being such a wonderful mom and friend to me!! I cant count my blessings enough for such an amazing mom!! I hope you have a wonderful mothers day!! Sorry your card didn't get there in time, but I hope you know I love you and miss you so much and am truly grateful for your friendship and love!!


LOVE YOU MOM!!






Happy Mothers Day to all the other wonderful moms!!


Lisa you are such a beautiful and wonderful mother! I'm so grateful for all I learn from you, Hallie and Kyden are so lucky to have you! You are an amazing sister and friend. Every sister should have a sister like you, you are the best! I love you!


Grandma I love you so much! I miss you and Jack misses you too! I hope you know I love you and think you are a great grandma, I'm so spoiled to have a wonderful grandma and friend! I Love you and hope you have a wonderful mothers day!


My favorite Mother-in-law, you are wonderful! I am so blessed to have you here with us now with Pete having his surgery! You are such a great help and so appreciate all you help and love! I truly couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law!! You are giving and kind to us! Jack is so lucky to have such amazing grandparents!!


I love you all, and to all the other amazing mothers in my life I hope you have a great mothers day!!

3 comments:

grammie kim said...

when i first read the thanks for grounding me, i have to admit i thought grounding you you know stabilizing you, ha and i don't think it was 13 yrs. but could have been. thanks for the tribute, you are the best. i do think i was hard on you but from the first day felt tons of love for you, each of you kids i just have to have you all eternally. I hope we make that, I hope we all want that. I love the pic of pete with jack, and sharol. looks like all are having fun, man i miss you guys can i make it 3 more year? happy MD to you to! love mom

Brandi said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom and mom in law. That is so sweet of you. I hope Pete is ok after his surgery. Happy Mothers day to you. Hope you had a good one. Love ya

derrickandlisadye said...

Ahh Britt thanks for the sweet words. I love you too. And you are the best sister ever!! Thanks so much for the card. Sorry you have a crappy sis and i didn't send you one. I was going to but I didn't think about it until friday night so i figured i was too late. But I hope you know you are an extraordinary mother to Jack. I learn so much from you. I love you the most!