Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wrestling Practice

When we found out Jack was going to be a boy, Pete's parents bought Jack his first pair of wrestling shoes. I think the smallest they could find was a kid's size four. So of course they're pretty big but he'll grow into them just in time! He was begging Pete to put his wrestling shoes on, so Pete decided to get his out too an have a little practice. I was laughing pretty hard at Jack walking around in them. Pete has tried to teach him some moves and Jack is pretty good at the whole "wrestling stance". I love the face Jack will make, he gets so serious.


I'm not sure if it's to early to be teaching him this because the other day Jack kind of attacked another kid and then said he was just wrestling with them. Pete's got his work cut out trying to teach him when to and when not to wrestle!
Okay this is kind of random but Jack is getting a new baby cousin (J.C. and Haylee's) boy named Issac. We've been telling Jack about him and one afternoon after his nap I went in to get him and he had this monkey wrapped up in a blanket. I walked in and he told me to be quiet because baby Issac was sleeping. Then he asked me to rock "Issac". So ever since then he has been lugging this monkey around taking care of it. I guess he figured baby Issac needed to be with him to eat too. What a funny kid.

10 comments:

grammie kim said...

I love the shoes, that is great, dad saw a shirt the other day that says, I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, I want to speak to my grandma. We would have gotten them, but not the right sizes and colors, think it would work with the wrestling other kids thing. I think you should blow up the shoe pic, in black and white, love it. I think jack is getting pretty excited for a sister, or brother. I am sure issac will be cuter than the monkey
Love ya mom see ya soon getting so excited!!!

derrickandlisadye said...

Britt, that is hilarious. I love the little shoes and the stance!! that pic of just the shoes is awesome, you need to blow it up and do it in black and white or sepia maybe. i love jack with monkey isaac. Maybe Jack and Hallie can wrestle. Hallie would get her butt kicked and then we would have to listen to the drama and whining so maybe not. Well I can't wait to come see you guys. I can't believe how quickly we will be there. Hallie can't wait. She is sooooo excited. Kyden says he is too. Love you guys tons.

Hurst Family said...

Man, those pictures were great! Thanks for the laughs. Your little guys is the cutest little terd ever.
I love your new background too.

Anonymous said...

I just sent you an email, so go check :P!

The Mechams said...

Brandon does wrestling practice with Boston too, those pics are hilarious. OH and by the way cute jams, Boston had the same pair!

Bert and Tiffany said...

I love the face!!!! And the stance! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Haylee Mecham said...

Jack is so funny!! The wrestling pictures are adorable! And it cracks me up that he named his monkey after Isaac... silly kid! I love it. Jack is going to be the best big brother too!

Jess said...

Love the serious face!! It's awesome!

alisekelley said...

Britt, I am so glad I found your blog. How are you guys. Congrats on the upcoming baby. I laughed so hard when I read about Jack wrestling the other kid. I had to tell Austin. Maybe someday we will have a boy that Austin will have to explain when to play rough. So cute. I bet Pete is loving it!

Carrie Fowler said...

Hey! It was good to hear from you guys!! Your little boy is soooo cute! Love the wrestling shoes! Congrats on finishing your first year! That is so awesome. Yeah, Troy has recieved an interview offer from the cleveland school so we are planning to go! They gave him a few options on different dates that he could interview so we are still talking about when we are going to go. It would be so fun to see you! I acutally have sister that lives near Akron so we will probably stay with her except it would probably be good for Troy to stay with you guys the night before the interview so he will be closer to the school. Thanks so much for offering!! Well, take care and maybe we will see you in a few weeks!