Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa's Boot Camp!

So Pete and I decided we wanted to do a "Santa's boot camp". My sister's sister-in-law does one with her nieces and nephews every year on the 23rd of December and we thought it would be fun to try our own out. We invited the kids that were still here for the holiday's from our ward. We had quite the turn out...22 kids!! WOW it was crazy but lots of fun! We also learned as you do the first time you try something that we need to make some changes for next year if we are celebrating Christmas here next year too. All in all I think it was fun and I hope the kids enjoyed it! We taught the kids how to catch Santa and also got to decorate some sugar cookies for Santa, although I'm sure they won't make it until Christmas eve. We though it would take about 2 hours to do the obstacle course and decorate the cookies. It actually only took an hour so for the other hour the kids watched a movie. All the kids were good, we only had a few time outs :) Here's the bunch... I got most the kids pictures with their cookies however Jack Heaton didn't want to decorate and was more interested in the Santa course! I know of a few more I missed, sorry parents of who I missed! Sorry no pictures of the course, I had to man the kitchen while Pete did the course. Enjoy the pictures!!!

Before the MESS happened! We were prepared though!! :) Don't mind the Halloween table cloth, don't have a Christmas one :)
For my mom, I'll put everyone's name down! Aiden Holman
Tommy Holman
Emma Day
Jackson
Megan Buckner
Jaxson Day
Trevor Collette
Mia Croshaw
Jackson Croshaw
Finn Shculler
Molly Yonker
Annie Call
Lucy Schuller
Nathaniel Jensen
Charlee Yonker
Dillon Yonker
Samuel Jeppson
Ashlyn and Corbin Collette
The younger group guess I missed Jacob Huxel (bottom right in camo shirt).

Doing the "boot camp" part... push ups. Tell ya what kids are funny trying to do push ups and sit ups!!

3 comments:

grammie kim said...

do you want to have 22 kids? ha, your brave! glad your having fun there with all the friends, It will probably go down in history as one of your most favorite Christmas's ever

Melanie said...

Oh my, Brit! You are so brave. I about have a meltdown every time activity days rolls around and we only have 6 girls. Haha! Good work.

Ma and Pa Mecham said...

LOVE YOU FOR ALL YOUR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT !!!