Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Amish

Last weekend we went to an Amish community in Millersberg OH. It was so much fun and I know my parents and Pete's would just LOVE it. We were talking the whole way there about how beautiful the country was with rolling hills and little buggy's and all the Amish farms and how Pete's dad would be making us drive really slow so he could get pictures of all the farms and silo!! :) They have this zoo type thing where you can ride on a wagon and this Amish guy takes you through this little tour of a safari/zoo. It was so fun and Jack loved it. Then there was a petting zoo and Jack couldn't get enough. We will be going back for sure! They have a website called rollingriverranch. com Anyways if you're out this way you must check it out, so much fun!!






These are those Texas longhorns. They were huge!! Jack was hugging one while it was eating some feed on the bottom of the wagon. Almost all the animals came up to eat, it was fun. We all had buckets of feed to let the animals eat.

This was Max almost the whole time, just snoozing on my lap, what a perfect babe!!
Jack making friends. He would keep asking her for more of her feed so he could have more then her. I think she was getting pretty annoyed, at least I was!

A Zonkie!! Guess what two animals made this?? Ha Ha funny huh! They had lots of funny animals. Half buffalo and half Angus cow.

The Lama's were my favorite. They had just gotten a hair cut but the tops of their heads were left with the hair. They were all different and we only got this one good picture. One had one eye covered and one had a big poof standing straight up. Anyway get the idea it was pretty cute.

6 comments:

grammie kim said...

how fun, can't wait to go. Love the pictures of max, he has changed so much from when we were there. Can't believe jack is so cozy with that rooster! AHHH, can't wait to see ya

Britt n Bran Arnow said...

I'm glad to see you guys went! Looks like Jack liked it. I can't believe how big max is getting. Both your boys are so cute! by the way, what ever happened with the sunbeam class?

Taunya Spaulding said...

sounds like a fun trip!! hope all is well! i sure miss ya!

mona said...

Hi Britt and family, Love all the pics of everyone. I want to come back there so bad. I had to laugh at the fact that the Amish have a website. I tought they didn't use modern technology.lol. Love you guys a bunch and I am looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days. We need to plan a BBQ at grandmas for everyone. Your mom said you guys are camping on Brax's BD which is to bad because Jack would love it. They are renting one of those big blow up jungle gyms. It even has a theme - Construction. What a spoiled baby. But he is well loved too.lol Well love you guys, give Pete and the boys a hug from Aunt Mona

Hurst Family said...

Brittany - You really are the best person I've ever met! You are too sweet to me all the time. I really am so glad that I have you as a friend. "There are friends, and then there are good friends". You - are a GREAT FRIEND! You and Pete have been so wonderful! Thanks so much for your love and support! I am so excited to have you back here.
Love ya!
Hollie

Melanie said...

Brit! Your little family is growing... and ADORABLE! I got your blog address from Tricia's page - hope you don't mind.

toOdeLs.