Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fantastic Week (part 1)

Okay so once again pictures are out of order. My family came to visit this past week and we had so much fun!! It just reminds me of how much I want to be close to family. Thursday was my mom's birthday (pictures were supposed to be first but ended up last). We did some shopping, saw the John Johnson farm, passed through Amish country and ended it at the Cheesecake Factory. Friday we played at a park while Derrick got his teeth cleaned by Pete, that night the boys went to a high school football game and froze their bums off! I also had my ultra sound done and.... its a boy. I really thought it was going to be a girl (and hoped for one) but for sure a boy. We are so excited and I wish I could scan some pictures on the blog, but no scanner here. The hard part now is finding a name both Pete and I like, any suggestions are appreciated!! Jack likes Max the Minnow (a favorite book of his) and Gus Gus (from Cinderella, then we'd have a Jaq and Gus Gus). Okay back to the week. Saturday we were all going to head out to Patterson Fruit Farm but the boys skipped and went to Cedar Point. So us girls and kids had fun. It was really cold and lots of noses to be blown but we had fun. Below are a few of the pictures we took while there (my mom LOVES her new camera and took probably over a thousand pictures while here so I picked some, probably to many but I think they're so cute)! Fun in the tire swing. Look out for Kyden's faces, he's a crack up!



Eating an apple while sliding down the slide.

The kids LOVED the pony rides.







So this one is really out of place, Kyden showing all his whip cream at the cheesecake factory.



Trying out the stilts, love Hallie's face.


Jack thought we needed party hats for grandma's birthday, didn't find any hats but princess crowns are just as good. Gotta have necklaces too if your going to be a princess! Happy Birthday Mom we love you so much!!


Poor Jack and all the girly stuff, however he does like girly things. I think he just spends to much time with his mom, because he really likes all boy stuff too. I just think its funny and one day he'll look back at these pictures and wont believe we let him wear this! HA HA got ya Jackson!!





5 comments:

Brandi said...

Congrats on having a boy. Now you don't have to buy a all new wardrobe for a girl. Thats cool that your family came up to visit. It is always fun when family is around. Take care

grammie kim said...

Well I have been thinking really hard, and I think Max Mecham sounds like a really tough wrestler. I like it, also I love greyson, So think about it Maxwell Robert Mecham. has a ring to it!! But I will love what ever you call him, it is your choice love ya mom oh on my other comment, i meant that I have been in the yelling room before, not that I saw his naughtiness. Funny you picked some of the pic's I was going to use tomorrow. I don't like the one with my fat arm britt,

Elsha Christensen said...

I am so excited for you! You already made one cute boy might as well keep going! We miss you! Call when you are this way!

Peterson Family said...

Congrats! Boys are fun, but I know how you feel! I was really hoping for a girl the 2nd time too, but now that he's here I'm glad he's a boy! Boys are just fun and a whole lot cheaper having a boy instead of a girl! I don't have to buy anything except diapers and wipes and an occasional new outfit. A girl will come--hopefully! Good luck with a boy name! I think that boys are harder to agree on a name, but I haven't had a girl so how would I know! I didn't realize that your family went to visit you! That is so fun! And the pictures are adorable! Have a great day!

Taunya Spaulding said...

Brittany! I found your blog through Crystal, I hope that's ok. how are you guys doing? Mine and john's blog is johnandtaun.blogspot.com you can look if you wanna! take care!