Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jack's "big boy bed"

So we finally decided it was time to get Jack in "big boy bed" and last night was his first night. My family has been here from the first of October and yesterday while I was taking them to the airport Pete decided to take down the crib and set up the bed for Jackson. I was wanting a few days to recover from the company before attempting this, but Pete decided to start right away. :) Jack was so excited to see the bed. Last night he did really good and went right to sleep, slept all night but woke up at seven (I was wishing for eight or nine). Nap time was not so great neither of us got a nap and Jack did some things to his room that I'm still so upset about that I don't want to talk about it. Lets just say he was on time out for about an hour and a half, gets no snacks for a week and no t.v. until I decide other wise. I'm pretty sure he wont be repeating it again! Tonight he's done pretty good, he's cried a little but is so exhausted from getting up at seven, having no nap and being extra tired from the lack of sleep he's gotten this last week. At least I'm not having to put him back in bed a hundred times before he falls asleep. Who knows though, once he's caught up on sleep we might be playing that game :( I hope not!
As you can see we need some bedding and at least a headboard (Pete might try to make one if he gets any time, or if we cant find one we like that we can afford). So any suggestions would be great and of course the cheaper the better!

7 comments:

Camille and Luke said...

YEA! Jack has a big boy bed! Sorry about not getting a nap and jack not being a big boy! By the way, I read about Jack's adventure that that farm you went to with Stacey! haha Poor you! Where'd Jack learn that?? :) Miss you guys so much! Oh I have your jewelry, finely, sorry about that. If I don't call ya for your address will you call me? :) Lov ya!
Luke and Camille

Bert and Tiffany said...

What a big boy Jack is, I can't wait to see him in less than a month! I know it's hard when they are free to roam wherever they please...instead of just putting them in a crib and them staying there!!!

Hurst Family said...

Oh goodness. That little poop up to no good again. You should tie him up with "fruit-by-the foot" and see what he does. I personally would eat my way out of it.. Ha Ha!!! Goodtimes

Justin and Stacey said...

Okay, you can't leave me hanging like that. I HAVE to hear the story of what he did! I am hoping to learn great things from you for when I put Jack in a big bed. Hopefully today goes better than yesterday. Oh, I can't wait to hear about your adventures with your family!

Crystal Taylor said...

Go Jack! He's getting to big and so darn CUTE!

Lane family said...

I agree with Stacey... what happened??!!! And why don't you have pictures? That bad? I'm glad the big boy bed thing is going well. I usually try to put anything that isn't nailed down in the closet. I'm emailing Bonnie today- I'll give her your email.

grammie kim said...

If I have learned anything it is nothing is worth getting to mad over, its more important to laugh like elder wirthlin said, but I was there, you unfortunately were the recipient and queen of many time outs.love and miss ya all tons, mom